Thursday 26 January 2017

Ibu Mertuaku




Mak dara : “Siapa dia kasim Selamat? Lawyer? Majistret?”

Sabariah  : “Ahli muzik”

Mak dara : “Ahli muzik? memang pantang datuk nenek aku ahli muzik



Assalamualaikum. Hi!

It is my first post obviously and I'm happy to tell you guys I am about to start blogging.
Hehe, Ibu Mertuaku ! P Ramlee films fan I am and this dialog above is related with what I am doing now. Law School. So how do I enrol in law school? Meh sini abg kasi habaq.

Being a science stream student in Malaysia gives a wide prospects on your future path. Don't get me wrong. What I mean is that you can be professional in science background career like Engineer and Doctor. But, everybody have their own strength. As for me, I am more towards History and Islamic Studies back in SPM days.

It start with your SPM results, you can go to either matriculation, STPM or Foundation in law. 

These 3 institutions are the famous channels to get in Law School. As for me, I am the 3rd category that is Foundation in law. The difference is that in Matriculation, you will study science or accoount, but in foundation, it is design to prepare students to enrol in law degree, which means you will already studying law subjects in Foundation programmes. There are 3 foundations in law available. UIAM foundation, KPTM foundation (PI007) and UiTM foundation (PI005).

KPTM and UiTM foundations are run by UiTM while UIA foundation by UIAM itself. There were 3 campus those days for PI005, Shah Alam, Kuantan and Merbok. I am PI005 and Kuantanian. But now, all foundation programmes run by UiTM is located at Dengkil only.

Okay, now I will tell you my path, struggles and sweat as PI005 to get a place in law school. 
PI005 is a feeder programme for UiTM only, that mean you cannot apply other universities in UPU for degree. Its only UiTM in your degree later. So, whether we like it or not, my friends and me must pass the requirements which are at least 3.0 CGPA and MUET band 4. The MUET requirement is quite hard during our days. 

I sit 3 times for MUET until finally I get Band 4. Pheww!
By the time result announced, I already registered for the 4th time. Each registration costs you RM100. I spent 400 bucks for MUET. HAHAHA..  Yeah, I am so eager to get into law school during those my young days?!!

So, how am I study in UUM law school instead of UiTM?!!

Currently, there are 6 public Universities recognized by Bar Council which are UiTM, UM, UKM, UIAM, UUM, UNISZA and 1 private University, MMU. Recognized in this context means that the law grads need not to sit for CLP examination. This mean they can apply for chambering (latihan dalam kamar)  after grad and exempt from CLP.

Basically, I am quite late meeting the band 4 requirement and all I have to do is waiting for March 2015 intake while my friends already enrol in September 2014 intake. I write letters to UUM and UKM. UUM replied to me and conducts an interview in Kuala Lumpur. I passed and there is me enrol as second intake  in September 2014.

So Kedah! Here I come!

Ceq suka makan nasi kandaq!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment